Truth is, most of us simply aren’t motivated to begin the planning process. Why? Because it deals with death, disability and other issues we might prefer to avoid. We’re only human!
We all have a story . . . we tell ourselves, “It won’t happen to me”; “I have plenty of time”; “I’ll get started when . . . (a) we get back from vacation; (b) after the holidays; or (c) _________________________________ (fill in the blank).
In reality, Life doesn’t wait until we’re ‘ready’ . . . Life simply happens! So we are wise to prepare for a day we know eventually will come. THAT’s Life Planning!
We don’t proceed to plan properly because we lack the knowledge needed to proceed with confidence. Planning for life’s inevitable changes can be perceived as morbid . . . not to mention complicated, time-consuming and expensive!
Once we decide to get started, however, it can be difficult to know whom to trust to help us achieve our life planning goals. Here’s the truth:
- Expertise is hard to find. According to the American Bar Association, only 3% of attorneys are expert in the area of tax and estate planning. So how can a consumer tell if a legal practitioner is competent? Caveat emptor!
- Expertise is expensive. You might expect to pay $2,500 to $5,000 or more for the highest levels of competence and service. Can you tell the difference between a $500 trust and a $5,000 trust? How can you know you’re getting the best value for your money?
- Is ‘Funding’ included? “Funding” your Trust, i.e. transferring assets into your Trust, is the most important part of the process. But the fees you are quoted may not include ‘funding’. In fact, many practitioners leave the ‘funding’ to the consumer . . . to YOU! And all too often, it never gets done.
- Who can you turn to? Without an introduction from a trusted intermediary, most people will fail to achieve the peace of mind proper planning provides. That’s why financial institutions and trusted advisors refer their friends, families and clients to LPG with consistently excellent results.
- Working with Life Planning Group – we are a trusted provider reviewed and approved by your financial institution – you can relax knowing you’re working with a company that’s devoted to delivering the best products and services at an affordable price with integrity and devotion to your complete satisfaction.
LEARN MORE: Whitepapers & multimedia tutorials »